Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Gavin and the Not-Real Girl

Sometimes, I think I am not a real girl. 


(I mean, I'm like, totally an actual girl- I have had babies and everything. Ask Gavin. He knows.) 


But, I'm referring to 'Girlness'. I recently met a large group of cosmetic salesgirls. (I'm not sure of the collective noun for a group of cosmetics girls, but I think it's a Shimmer. A Shimmer of Cosmetics Salesgirls.) They were all so beautiful and made up and perfect looking. And I couldn't help but think- that looks like a LOT of work. I am waaaay too lazy to be that fabulous.


It started me thinking- what other girly things do I not do?


SO, here we go....


- I pretty much never spend more that 10 bucks on any piece of clothing. Whether it be thrifting or bargain shopping in chain stores, I just don't see the point in spending a crap load of money on clothes. I love clothes and accessories, don't get me wrong, and I totally look awesome ALL THE TIME.....but I'm also a real tight wad. Tight Wad wins.


- I've had my eyebrows waxed maybe three times in my life. I have never had anything else waxed. Life can be annoying and painful enough without torturous hair removal. 


- I am well renowned and critically acclaimed in the field of burping.


- I don't really care about the makeup I buy. As long as I have a foundation, a mascara, some blush and a black eyeliner, I'm good to go. I do love my Maybelline mascara (the pink and green one- been buyin' it for years) but other than that, I'll just buy whatever. Usually whatever's cheap. See: Tight Wad. 


- I don't care if you leave the toilet seat up. I need it down, you need it up. Big Deal. Why is the way I want it supposedly the right way? I do think everyone needs to put the whole lot down- lid and seat, just cos it looks tidier. But I'm not gonna go all medieval on any male's ass for leaving the seat up. You know what I do? I put it down and get on with my life.


- I four pairs of shoes I actually wear. 2 pairs of boots, orange Mary-Janes and some thongs. I have some others, but I rarely wear them. I am the anti-Imelda. The Antimelda.


- I point out nice boobs to my husband. He appreciates it.


- I never wash my makeup off before bed. What's the point? I'm just gonna put more on tomorrow....


- Like most real girls, I do like handbags. But when I want a new one? I make it myself. 
Made from recycled vinyl and fabric from Reverse Garbage
Are you a real girl? What IS a real girl?


9 comments:

  1. I'm so with you here. Except on the toilet seat thing. But I live with 3 males so anything at all about the toilet irks me. And OMG I love that handbag!! Your creations are divine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testimony of Restoration with the help of Martinez Lexie(Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com OR +18168926958)..

      I have been in financial mess for the past months, I'm a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Renee Joan Rothell, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about Mr Martinez Lexie of ( Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com ); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy.. After that my loan application worth 78,000.00 USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company website: http://lexieloans.bravesites.com OR text: +18168926958


      Delete
  2. I likely spend more than you on clothes, but possibly less frequently.

    I don't wear makeup unless I'm going out to a function.

    The only time I've ever had anything waxed was when it was part of a spa package someone else bought for me.

    I don't buy spa packages.

    The toilet seat issue irks me. I, too, put it down if it's up, and get on with my business. Though it has to be said, our seat and lid are always closed when not in use - we have a dog, and while he's never seemed to want to drink toilet bowl water, we don't want to encourage him either.


    You wear more mascara than I do. I only know of the type you're talking about because my mother uses it.

    I wear skirts every day, but due to religious requirements.

    I have 3 pairs of comfortable "dress" shoes. The rest of my shoes, maybe 5 more pairs in total, are a mix of sneakers and sandals. I also own 3 pairs of winter boots. One for shovelling the driveway, one for going out in and one for dry but cold days (they look like knit uggs).

    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You provide impressive guidance here and feel great to learn many things through you.
    hisstudio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!