Wednesday 30 May 2012

Gavin and the Not-Real Girl

Sometimes, I think I am not a real girl. 


(I mean, I'm like, totally an actual girl- I have had babies and everything. Ask Gavin. He knows.) 


But, I'm referring to 'Girlness'. I recently met a large group of cosmetic salesgirls. (I'm not sure of the collective noun for a group of cosmetics girls, but I think it's a Shimmer. A Shimmer of Cosmetics Salesgirls.) They were all so beautiful and made up and perfect looking. And I couldn't help but think- that looks like a LOT of work. I am waaaay too lazy to be that fabulous.


It started me thinking- what other girly things do I not do?


SO, here we go....


- I pretty much never spend more that 10 bucks on any piece of clothing. Whether it be thrifting or bargain shopping in chain stores, I just don't see the point in spending a crap load of money on clothes. I love clothes and accessories, don't get me wrong, and I totally look awesome ALL THE TIME.....but I'm also a real tight wad. Tight Wad wins.


- I've had my eyebrows waxed maybe three times in my life. I have never had anything else waxed. Life can be annoying and painful enough without torturous hair removal. 


- I am well renowned and critically acclaimed in the field of burping.


- I don't really care about the makeup I buy. As long as I have a foundation, a mascara, some blush and a black eyeliner, I'm good to go. I do love my Maybelline mascara (the pink and green one- been buyin' it for years) but other than that, I'll just buy whatever. Usually whatever's cheap. See: Tight Wad. 


- I don't care if you leave the toilet seat up. I need it down, you need it up. Big Deal. Why is the way I want it supposedly the right way? I do think everyone needs to put the whole lot down- lid and seat, just cos it looks tidier. But I'm not gonna go all medieval on any male's ass for leaving the seat up. You know what I do? I put it down and get on with my life.


- I four pairs of shoes I actually wear. 2 pairs of boots, orange Mary-Janes and some thongs. I have some others, but I rarely wear them. I am the anti-Imelda. The Antimelda.


- I point out nice boobs to my husband. He appreciates it.


- I never wash my makeup off before bed. What's the point? I'm just gonna put more on tomorrow....


- Like most real girls, I do like handbags. But when I want a new one? I make it myself. 
Made from recycled vinyl and fabric from Reverse Garbage
Are you a real girl? What IS a real girl?


20 comments:

  1. I'm so with you here. Except on the toilet seat thing. But I live with 3 males so anything at all about the toilet irks me. And OMG I love that handbag!! Your creations are divine! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likely spend more than you on clothes, but possibly less frequently.

    I don't wear makeup unless I'm going out to a function.

    The only time I've ever had anything waxed was when it was part of a spa package someone else bought for me.

    I don't buy spa packages.

    The toilet seat issue irks me. I, too, put it down if it's up, and get on with my business. Though it has to be said, our seat and lid are always closed when not in use - we have a dog, and while he's never seemed to want to drink toilet bowl water, we don't want to encourage him either.


    You wear more mascara than I do. I only know of the type you're talking about because my mother uses it.

    I wear skirts every day, but due to religious requirements.

    I have 3 pairs of comfortable "dress" shoes. The rest of my shoes, maybe 5 more pairs in total, are a mix of sneakers and sandals. I also own 3 pairs of winter boots. One for shovelling the driveway, one for going out in and one for dry but cold days (they look like knit uggs).

    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You provide impressive guidance here and feel great to learn many things through you.
    hisstudio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Article, thank you!. I am very glad to read your informative & practical blog. Kindly keep updating your blog.
    Java Developer is a wonderful career for IT students.To start Dream Career to become a Java developer learn from
    Java Training in Chennai
    . or learn thru Java Online Training from India .


    ReplyDelete
  5. Healing from HIV-AIDS, i never though dr.camala who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend alot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Michelle! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Papa camala, i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is ! always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you, so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed, all the strength that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative, i am very amazed and happy about the healing dr.camala gave to me from the ancient part of Africa, you can email him now for your own healing too at: dr.camalahivadscure@yahoo.com or WhatsApp him +2348164728160 thank you sir for healing me from HIV

    ReplyDelete
  6. If people that write articles cared more about writing great material like you, more readers would read their content. It's refreshing to find such original content in an otherwise copy-cat world. Thank you so much.


    SEO services in kolkata
    Best SEO services in kolkata
    SEO company in kolkata
    Best SEO company in kolkata
    Top SEO company in kolkata
    Top SEO services in kolkata
    SEO services in India
    SEO copmany in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not one of those readers that comments on articles often, but yours really compelled me. There's a lot of interesting content in this article that is interesting and bold.
    Data Science training in Mumbai
    Data Science course in Mumbai
    SAP training in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an experienced printed circuit boards assembly supplier in China, we enjoy our business partnership in each aspect of clients’ PCB needs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great Post, Thanks for the nice & valuable information. Here I have a suggestion that if your looking for the Best Digital Marketing Training in Gurgaon Then Join the 99 Digital Academy. 99 Digital Academy offers an affordable Digital Marketing Training Course in Gurgaon. Enroll Today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!