Tuesday 10 July 2012

How to choose your soap opera husband

Ok, so I may or may not have watched a LOT of Daytime Soaps in my time... 
When I was younger, Days of Our Lives and Young and the Restless were on at about 3 in the afternoon. So we would get home from school and watch them with mum. Eighties sparkly evening wear around the house and enough fake deaths to fill a desert island. Awesome. 

Through my pregnancies and my two staying-at-home-mum tours of duty (fourteen years apart) I have succumbed to their trashy, badly acted siren's song. Ahh, Salem, Genoa City, LA... you are my towns. The Forresters, The Abbotts, The Hortons and The Bradys- you are my families. Dimeras, Kiriakis' and mean old Stephanie... you are my nemesis'. Nemeses....Nemesises. Nemisi... Damn it, you know what I mean!

OK, so here's some relationship advice for all you Soap Opera Character Ladies out there. Pay attention. This is important. You are going to be married at least FIVE times in your life. You don't wanna screw it up.

And before you say anything: 
Yes, Daytime TV sucks. 
Yes, Soap Operas are terrible and ridiculous. 
Yes, I am an educated, empowered woman who reads books and discusses important things. 
And YES, I still watch Days of Our Lives most days.... Oh the shame! 

Do you watch soaps? Don't pretend you don't!

13 comments:

  1. I think we may be sitting down on the lounge at the same time! LOL! I mean doesn't everyone marry their father in law, brother in law & maybe even get it on with the sister in law too? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha ha- I'm proud of you for owning up Jos!! Well you wouldn't have top change your business card if you keep marrying men with the same surname!!

      Delete
  2. VAT has happened to VICCCT-orrr... is he dead or has he had head TRAnsPLant????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Gillian...Another flowchart! Going to go choose a husband now...brb...

    OK. I'm back! Order the cake! Oh, and since we have never met in person, will you be my maid of honor and bring some background people that you meet on the plane to be my guests (try to get a good ethnic mixture). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I'll be on the next flight with my racially diverse entourage. Don't be surprised if you and i end up being long lost sisters or something though. Or our plane will crash.

      Delete
  4. This is too funny! I love it! I had to SHOW Mr Cool as I was laughing so hard that I couldn't actually explain it... You are scary clever. Scary, scary clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my favourite compliment EVA! Scary, scary clever. That's going on my business card... :-)

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOD - this is Hilarious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks
    Johnny Cassell Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a amazing post indeed, wanna memorize it forever. Thanks.
    Deep Etching Service
    Clipping Path Service
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  8. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A GENUINE FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK. Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nostalgic and humorous take on the world of daytime soaps is delightful! The way you weave through the iconic characters and families with a touch of sarcasm and love is entertaining. It's clear that these shows hold a special place in your heart. And hey, your relationship advice for soap opera character ladies is both amusing and oddly practical. For a touch of visual flair, consider enhancing your soap opera memories with a "Cut Out Image Service" to spotlight those iconic moments and characters even more vividly. Keep enjoying the drama and sparkle of Salem, Genoa City, and LA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!