Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Big Day in a Small Town

I am settling into this countrified small town life. And I am in love with it.

This morning I helped with reading and alphabets at the boys school. So many unique, awesome small humans. Kids are ace, man. They don't sugar coat it. I was doing my best awesome mummy schtick, while going through the alphabet.  I thought I was doing great, then one kid said, "I just wanna go away from you. I don't wanna do this." Totally without malice. He was just being honest. That's cool, little dude. I won't take it personally.
After reading, I wandered up town, did some errands, then dropped in to see my mum at the Maleny Artists Pop Up Gallery. There is a lot of new work in there since last time I visited. Great stuff. Love the attitude of Shireen's sculpture! And my mums fishy plates of course!
 Then I dropped into the coolest bookstore in town, and possibly the world, Rosetta Books and Cafe. This is a book shop that knows how to get it right. I am hoping they will be interested in stocking my Stephen King flowchart… we will see. 

BUT! while I was there I saw that the final Tales From the City novel, The Days of Anna Madrigal had been relaeased!! Holy Hotpants, Micheal Tolliver!!! I cannot wait to be back in the world of San Francisco and Michael and Anna and even Mary Ann. I think know what is going to happen and my heart is already broken, but I want to see it through to the end with Anna. We have been through a lot together.
So, it was just a simple day in my small town… but it was a good one. 

post signature


  1. That sounds like a pretty great day! I loved Tales from the City when it was a TV series, a long time ago. Your mum's plates are amazing!

  2. So glad to hear you are so happy and settling in so well !
    Have the best day.

  3. A perfect day by the sound of things. Nothing finer than small town living {one you get used to it. Haha}. We ARE catching up soon, right? ;)

  4. quotes for raksha bandhan

    Messages for raksha bandhan

    SMS for raksha bandhan

    Messages of raksha bandhan

    Sms of raksha bandhan

    raksha bandhan Messages 2015

    raksha bandhan Sms 2015

    raksha bandhan Messages

    raksha bandhan Sms

    raksha bandhan Gifts

    raksha bandhan Best Gifts

    raksha bandhan Gifts for brother

    raksha bandhan Best Gifts for brother

    Gifts For Brother in raksha bandhan

    Best Gifts For Brother in raksha bandhan

    raksha bandhan Gifts

    raksha bandhan Best Gifts

    raksha bandhan Gifts for sister

    raksha bandhan Best Gifts for sister

    Gifts For sister in raksha bandhan

    Best Gifts For sister in raksha bandhan

    Hey Frnds Check it Out


Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!

I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!