Monday 25 July 2011

Lots of Fabricky Goodness

I have had a surge of Fabric-Designingness in the last few days. I really enjoy it. I have been pushing myself in trying to create repeating designs. It's way harder than it sounds, dude.

I use Spoonflower.com for designing fabric. We get our fabric printed through them, and all of my designs are for sale. Fabric can be purchased by the yard and is quite reasonable for one-off, original fabric.
lining
This will be the lining on all Tessie Products going forward. A recurring design to create a consistent statement. 
lining-blue-colourway
I have created a blue colourway too. 'Cos that's just how I roll.
Coffee Flowers
This is my entry for the upcoming Coffee Inspired Fabric Contest over at Spoonflower. Spoonflower gives a theme each week for the contest. The weekly competition winner gets free fabric! Awesome! I never win, but it is a good way to test and extend yourself as an artist, and learn to work to a brief.
LINING-aples-owls-hearts-and-flowers
Owls, apples and flowers- what's not to love about that?? This one is quite cutesy- would be great for little kids bedding.
teapots
I love teapots. This is a representation of a few in my collection. Yes, we live in a Bric a Brac Shop.
SO, that is what I am doing when I am not doing this, or this, or hanging with them, or with him.

x Gillian for Tessie Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!