Sunday, 19 May 2013

Cloud Atlas- A Flowchart

Often, when I come across a flowchart-worthy book or film, I chart it so others can see and appreciate the connections. When I decided to chart the film 'Cloud Atlas' it was so I could try and understand it!!

This film is a complicated, beautiful, confusing piece of art. The interconnectedness flows not just through the characters and narrative, but through to the actual actors playing multiple roles- often of differing gender or race. Such an interesting film. I still can't say I understood it completely, or that this is a definitive explanation of ANYTHING, but I definitely enjoyed creating this. 

Have you seen Cloud Atlas? What did you think?

*And, I know this was an acclaimed, much loved book first, which I have on my Kindle app, but haven't read yet... This is a flowchart of the film :-)

post signature

9 comments:

  1. At least you know who I am and not an anonymous commentor !!
    WOW - I don't know how you managed to unravel that lot - I haven't seen the movie but I am betting that I would need to print this out and keep it handy should I ever wish to watch it !
    Have the best day - can't wait to catch up on Saturday !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the film and was slightly confused. I am a visual person and what visual aid would help me understand this film? I said to myself "self, I bet if I google 'flowchart cloud atlas,' I would find something to help me put together the pieces of this body of work. And what do you know??? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me furiously happy! I'm glad I could help you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Thank you so much Captain America http://fullmoviewatch.ga/ Online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!