Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bohemian Like Me

source
So, as well as being a Maker of Awesomeness and a SAHM (Stay-at-home-Megastar), I am also an Urban Hipster.... OK, I am totally not one at all.. but I'm married to one!
At the Tivoli waiting to see the Dandys!
Last night, my lovely husband and I went to see the Dandy Warhols at the Tivoli Theatre. Before I met Gavin, I had been to four concerts in my whole life. The Hoodoo Gurus, Morrissey, Madonna and one that is too embarrassing to mention. And not in a daggy, post modern retro way. It's just lame.

Since meeting my lovely husband we have seen The Waifs, Snow Patrol, Crowded House, The Polyphonic Spree and now, The Dandy Warhols. A slightly cooler list!! Gavin's passion for live music is one of the things I love about him. He took the Awesome Teenager to his first ever concert- Muse... isn't that the coolest answer to the question, "What was your first concert?" I can't wait for him to take Jasper and Eli to their first gig. He is the coolest Dad (and Step Dad).

The Dandys were so incredibly fantastic. Loved it, Loved, it loved it! Their documentary 'Dig' is a favourite of ours and I am a huge fan of their music, despite not being totally familiar with their whole back catalogue like my Hipster husband (I new about three quarters of the set) . When they played Bohemian Like You I thought my insides were gonna shake apart!! Amazing. Everyday Should Be a Holiday was a highlight too- just Coutrney Taylor-Taylor on his own with his guitar. He is one cool cat.

The Tivoli is such a great venue. We always seem to get a good spot- it's small enough to be intimate, but big enough to go off!!
Look it's Courtney and Zia!  Trust me, they were down there. Just past that kooky guys bald patch....
So, I guess it's back to my normal, non Rock n' Roll life today!! Hhmmm.. I wonder if it really is too late for me to be a Teenage Rock Star?

X Gillian for Tessie Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!