Monday 19 September 2011

Dressing the books


I received a new fabric order from Spoonflower last week, and got inspired!!

I am focussing on products to take to the Mummy Tree Markets in October, and my first goal is to create a collection of Book Covers. As far as I'm concerned, all books NEED TO BE CLOTHED!!! That is my mission.... dressin' the books, people. Nude books are so last century....
So after getting all my bits together (jelly beans for colour inspiration only, of course) me and Mrs Janome got to work....
Owly Journal Cover 
I have actually had this fabric sinvce the very first Spoonflower order we ever did. I think this is the perfect project for it

Teapot Journal Cover
This fabric was inspired by my Teapot Collection. I think it works really well with this upcycled upholstery fabric from Reverse Garbage
Patchwork Journal Cover
I am so in love with this patchwork fabric. I've used some of our Spoonflower fabric in conjunction with odd bits and pieces of upholstery fabrics and other scraps... I find the process really therapeutic and calming... But, man it take a bloody long time!!! I think its worth it though. Love the look.

All of these Book Covers are now available for sale over in my
Etsy Store.
They are A5 size, reuseable and all come with a lined 200 page notebook.


Unfortunately, I ate all the colour inspiration... or I coulda thrown some o' them in too.....


Cheers,

Gillian for Tessie Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!