Friday 13 April 2012

Why I love Flow Charts

Sometimes, shit is confusing. Whether it be life, relationships, parenting or the characters in a book or film. I like order. I like to know what is going on.  I often feel that if I don't understand something, I need to chart it out. Make it make sense.

My sister gave me this book a while ago.
Oh my goodness. How awesome is that!?!

I think flowcharts are beautiful. I like to find connections. I love the concept of Six Degrees of Separation- that we are all only 6 connections away form each other. I like to think that everything is connected. That even though I can sometimes feel very alone, that there is an invisible web reaching out and covering me- just as it covers you. And Madonna. And Salman Rushdie. And DJ Lance.

 I watched Eden on TV the other morning and I thought, "She is one of my tribe. We are connected." Through amazing people like Eden, I am connected to the world- the awesome parts and the tragic parts.

I hope that the connections I make, that my branches on all the flow charts out in the universe- those unwritten, unchartered links and chains, I hope they are positive and important. I hope I can touch people and add something to the experiences of others.


Strangely enough, the most popular posts I have written here are those involving Flow Charts. 

So, I guess there are a lot of people out there looking for connections. Are we all lonely? I think everyone is a little lonely and a little disconnected. We yearn to reach out through social media, via blogs, facebook, instagram.... And I think what we could all be whispering to the universe via these channels is,

"I am here. I am a part of something. Hear My Voice"




6 comments:

Thanks for visiting Tessiegirl!!



I love it when people leave me comments!! Yay!
If you are not sure how to leave a comment, DO THIS:
1) Write your lovely comment in the box
2) click on 'Comment As'. A drop down menu will appear
3) click on Name/URL
4) Just type your name in. If you have a blog, you can type the URL of the blog in and I will come visit you!!
5) Click on publish
NOTE: I am no longer accepting anonymous comments, due to the ridiculous amount of spam i receive.
*These instructions are for anyone who is like my lovely real life family who are not too savvy with the whole Bloggy-thing!!